I have found any excuse to “dress up.” Skirts, dresses, and tights are staples in my winter wardrobe, but the holidays are a whole ‘nother league for fancy toes. I always dream myself into the exquisitely dressed Rosemary Clooney in White Christmas. Back straight, hands poised at the waist, gliding through the foyer to greet my guests.
The holidays are enchanting. Beyond my twirling thrift store dresses, this time of year is all about the magic of human connection. A shared magnetic feeling as we give our best to the loves in our lives, and finish another year passed. Now that it’s basically December, that sentiment is already planning a move in date. Bring on the peanut brittle. I’ll be setting up for my favorite parts of the Holiday Season….
1. Walking through the tree lit wonderland of Temple Square.
2. Walking through Temple Square singing Hanukkah songs.
3. Sharing time with people I rarely have the pleasure of seeing.
4. Cinnamon whiskey and hot chocolate.
5. Hand made gifts.
6. Making hand crafted gifts, and passing them off as “art.”
7. A white Christmas is a feeling all its own. No snow= no holiday.
8. The train tracks looping around the tree.
9. Watching It’s A Wonderful Life sixty seven times.
10. Realizing how fortunate I am.
What are your favorites about the Holidays?
Tags: gifts, holidays, plus size clothing, plus size holiday dresses, plus size winter fashion, rosemary clooney, white christmas